I think Gigacrawler broke my program

So I’ve been in the process of converting the pen-and-paper version of Gigacrawler to the program Twine.

I’ve started getting an error which, someone on the Twine subreddit tells me, “is literally impossible” unless I made it do it itself.

So I think maybe my game is too complicated for Twine to handle.

I hope not, because that would mean several months’ worth of work learning the system wasted.

Testing Gigacrawler

I’ve done a fair bit on converting Gigacrawler from a document to software.

I decided to abandon the idea of using D&D rules–I don’t think the game would have felt like D&D in the end, and players might have felt cheated. I hope to use the ideas I came up with for the underworld though.

Anyway, I’ve done enough that I wanted to test it.

My character is a Neanderthal–clumsy, ugly, dumb and strong.

Agility: 8
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 5
Willpower: 11
Physique: 15

Technology: 3
Magic: 2

(the first five attributes are on the familiar 3-18 scale. Technology and Magic add up to Intelligence)

He starts his adventure in the town of Eight Invincible Lies.

Short of funds, he decides to rob a house. But someone sees him. He gets away, but is now wanted.

Normally he’d leave town, but I haven’t done that bit yet. So he decides to try robbing a house again. This time he’s mauled by a guard dog, losing 2 points of Physique.

He tries yet again, and this time steals a paltry ten shells.

He decides to look for companions. He meets someone called ‘undefined’. I’ve found an error. And thus his adventures end.